Monday, August 4, 2008

Another Young Turk

I heard of a gutsy conservative candidate Her name is Sarah Steelman she is running for the governorship of Missouri. Below is a link to her campaign effort. This is I believe the face of the new conservative message..
-----link-----
http://www.sarahsteelman.com/media
---------------
Scroll through the videos, you’ll see the no nonsense, common sense, get things done attitude I associate with this new breed. Once the people get a taste of this attitude they start to demand more of it from leaders. My new saying for this is Make Do, Make it Now, Make it Work. She is getting all kinds of flak from not only the Democrats but her own leadership in the Republican party.

She reminds me of Bobby Jindal the way she just went ahead and did her job without the ok from the powers that be, and actually got things done.

WOW, Now I’m asking you to believe me when I say that I just found this on her sight about Bobby Jindal, (after) I posted the above. Great minds think alike. lol
-----link------
http://www.sarahsteelman.com/archives/25
----------------
If you’ve read this blog you’re familiar with how much I like Bobby. When I saw the Beck interview with Steelman, I couldn’t help but see the similarities. The article goes on to talk of other GOP Reformers who believe in conservative messages, but more than that believe in doing something about it, right now with what they have to work with. Tom Coburn, Jim DeMint, and Sarah Palin.
-----quote from the article above-----
“Her sin is in fact to belong to that new mold of Republican – Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Sens. Tom Coburn and Jim DeMint – who know it’s no longer enough to simply hawk lower taxes. In 10 years as a state legislator and treasurer, her target has been the slothful political favor factory that’s led Republicans away from small-government principles and outraged conservative voters.”
---------------------------------------------
There is a revolution in the Republican party going on, and it is gathering steam. A revolt to get back to the ideas of more efficient government. More Transparent government, leading to a less corrupt government. Actually trying to make the government work for the people again. A get it done or don’t do it attitude, with the prime purpose to help the people. This new Republicanism shown forth through the dark of the US House of Representatives when the power to them was cut they used what they had and got the message out anyway. I’m glad to see some senior members getting onboard and leading or at least guiding the way. Like John Boehner. I was also pleased to see Pete Hoekstra from my district was out on the House floor in shorts. I think he was pleasantly reminded of the previous revolution.

My own state of Michigan has some of this new breed. Our Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land, and our Attorney General Mike Cox. They are both fighting the fight for transparency in government. They both have jumped right in and changed their respective offices along those lines, without waiting for any type of approval from the Legislature or from above in the party. My own county clerk is following the SOS lead and opening up things at the county level. There is a definite trickle down effect.
I went to a local “meet and greet” with my County Clerk, Karen Buie, and was pleasantly surprised last night when an individual came up and thanked her for her efforts that had made his visit to the Office a quick and friendly one.

What the old guard has to realize is that open honest government done with a can do attitude trickles down to the voters. It makes them happy. I really don’t see the sin in that.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How LOW can Camp Obama GO vis a vis Sarah Palin!!! First, Obama Campaign operatives led by Alaska State Sen Hollis French dig up a frivolous ‘troopergate scandal’ and launch a biased ‘investigation’ endeavoring to bring Gov Palin down (which is already backfiring against the Dems bigtime). Next, Obama himself appropriates in his ‘energy’ speech — without crediting Palin — as being HIS issue Palin’s Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline accomplishment with Canada. And finally, the Obama Campaign even appropriates the PalinforVP’s McCain/Palin slogan, “New Energy for America”. (Of course, McCain can still continue to differentiate, as per his recent ad: “Don’t just HOPE for new energy, VOTE for new Energy!”)

live dangerously said...

Thanks Ted.

I must admit I don't know much about Gov. Sarah Palin. I had been a big fan Of Bobby Jindal, but the article mentioned Palin. From what you say, I'm intrigued and will have to do my homework. Did I assume correctly that by your McCain statement that you like McCain's "vote not Hope" slogan. Wouldn't it be nice to get McCain down in the trenches with the House Republican's? this week?

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative