Friday, April 4, 2008

Bad links

Well I've been spending a long time just trying to get around in that maze we call a computer. Just posted or changed the site by listing links I find usefull.
<
The link to Rightalk. won't come up on my computer. It never did. The homepage comes up but the buttons for the various channels don't happen when clicked. A couple months ago when I had that problem I called the #in Wyoming and spent 3 hours talking with the program director mainly about politics and what they were trying to do with Rightalk. He said he was trying to set up an alternative to NPR. They are in their early stages.
<
Anyway we did figure out a way to get each channel on their site as an icon on my desktop, so now I have 5 icons on my desktop that when clicked take me to that individual channel. Quite a rigamarole. Please don't ask how we did that as I can't begin to remember how.
<
Later I found out from my computer guy at MouseHouse, (nice guy, nice business) that the problem was my browser which was Windows Vista, which he said treats most things as if it were a virus and will not let you go there. He installed Firefox as a secondary browser. If you have Vista you may have to do the same thing.
<
Regards, Living Dangerously

No comments: