Friday, February 27, 2009

Wow Ain't this high tech stuff grand?

I’ve been glued to the computer. Not blogging, or networking or all the other stuff I usually do. I’ve been seeing top conservatives, one right after the other. Day after day.

Yep. You guessed it. I’ve been watching the streaming video feed from CPAC 2009 brought to us by Townhall.com.

Great stuff. Great speakers and thinkers of the Right. All the names were there. It was a freakin love in for Conservatives. I have the video feed on the top of my side bar on all my blogs.

Here is a link with the agenda for Sat.
-----link-----
http://www.cpac.org/agenda_20908.html
---------------
If you want to see who was there earlier, (if you can stand to see who you missed) go to the top of the page and click on the day you want.

What a gathering of talent. Saul from my home state of Mi. was there too. Not only talent but interspersed throughout the agenda are workshops and seminars on different topics. Also Tributes to warriors recently past and those not so recent.

I was mesmerized. Liberty and Freedom and the importance of the individual were highlighted and seemed to be the common thread throughout. Just heard Gov. Sanford give a good speech on the importance of the individual.

The speakers by in large seemed to reflect what he said so well. We in America are at a crossroads. An Alamo moment or a Pearl Harbor time when what we as people do will alter the future for good or for bad.

Gov. Sanford talked of the key ingredient to winning was the willingness to lose. Of how it is important to fight for your principles, what you believe, what you told the voters you believed in.

He also talked about the importance of a vision to keep in front of you to help remind yourself of why you are fighting. Why you are willing to lose, what makes it alright to go down swinging. How sometimes you lose more by going along to get along. You lose enough of your self until you and the voter don’t know or care what you stand for.

He talked of Tom Coburn with awe. Much like I look at a Jim McCormick in my neck of the woods. Or Anyone when knowing they don’t stand a chance in you know what, will jump into the fray anyway. Not at all what seasoned practical people should do. Deadly to the career politician.

Just way too much. I’ve seen enough to know that I’ve seen too much. I’m putting tomorrow on hold as I want to see Pawlenty talk. I believe he’s on at 9:30.

I don’t know if they had this streaming video thing before, if they did I missed it. This is great. I had recently cut out my cable tv. This just filled me up.

Don’t know how much it costs and I know the trip to DC and lodging would be out of my league. But I still can dream. And now I can actually see the live action.

I’m pumped.

Be A Happy Warrior
Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

Ps. If anyone has a link to the streaming video from the past or the whole thing. Please let me know. Silly me I had to work yesterday and today and missed a lot.

Thanks LD

No comments: