Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Gotta Change My Way Of Thinkin" B.Dylan

I just boosted the economy. At the same time came to the conclusion; using the same type of circular argument the administration is using, that what happened to me can be called good. Not only be “called” good, but probably is good.

In the old fashioned way of talking, I’VE BEEN ROBBED. Now, upon reflection, I realize that I was encouraged through this selfless act by others who have invested their time and talents, to invest in the economy.

Yup I myself without the government directly helping; jumped right up, rushed out and spent $2,000 for a new TV, computer, dvd player, monitor, router, backup driver? And all sorts of misc wires, and also today invested in The Mouse House my local computer repair place. This happened all because a couple of enterprising individuals using their own money and equipment entered my house and encouraged me to update my 9 month old big screen and 1 year old computer and the rest.

How much more would the government have to spend to be able to stimulate me to spend the same amount in the economy? This was a blessing in disguise. By taking the middle man out of the picture the thieves saved us some money. Truly the American spirit at work. Bear with me as I am now typing on my computer again like a long lost friend and want to ramble. They also have shown me how addicted I am to my stuff.

To take this a bit further and to assure you, and me, that this was a blessing; think about the scenario of the government passing a bill giving everyone $2,000 to update their computers and TVs, every 2 years.

Think about it. Do you think the price of computers would continue to come down, or maybe as with everything else the government meddles in, the costs would magically start to rise. If you want an example think health care. Don’t forget the administrative (middle man) costs and overhead of organizing this and mailing and printing this. That $2,000 would of cost me in added taxes I would guess an extra $500.

I’m not an accountant but I bet once the ball got rolling and they worked out the kinks as only the government can: it could double or quadrupple the cost of my original investment. Geez, maybe I should of bought a bigger TV.

Then again you’re thinking that I couldn’t because I didn’t have the money, well you’re right. But we are in a new age, an age of change, I should not be afraid to think out of the box. I got it! I could still go out after hours and donate my time and energy and encourage someone else to invest in the economy. Again saving the middle man costs of hiring all those tax collectors to do the same thing. Kind of redidstributing the wealth my self.

Now that I think about it, I should feel downright Patriotic and all caring for the common good and a contributor to social justice by simply leaving my doors unlocked and putting my valuables on wheels. Isn’t that a small price to pay for the attainment of societal happiness. Why I think something like that is in the Constitution someplace.

The Ironic thing was with all this; I was attending an organizational meeting for a local branch of a national service club, whose sole purpose was to prevent such good things from happening. We thought if we gave youth things to do and taught them usefull skills they would not grow up to be like those resourcefull individuals who enabled me to invest in the economy like I did. Perhaps I was wrong to attend but then again I would of been home and that would of made it harder for the individuals to do what they did. So I guess I was right in attending. Things work out in the end.

I’m finding out that it’s no picnic changing my way of thinking either, perhaps I can find some new classes forming to help me re-educate myself. I don’t want to be outside the group, or thought unpatriotic.

Anyway that explains my lack of posting for a few days. The lack of links in this post also point to my lack of files and documents and contacts and favorites also my old mail I had saved was lost. I never knew how much I used that stuff. But there I go again with the self pity and lack of compassion, it's easy to loose focus on the bigger picture.

We all after all have the government given rights to life, happiness and the pursuit of other peoples stuff. Or some such. I think I’ll organize my own counter revolt to the Tea Parties going on and call it the Free Parties. Free is good. Should work, people seem to flock to free. Well See ya lots of stuff to do in this new world.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative Think About It.

No comments: