Tuesday, April 22, 2008

IN MUSKEGON

TOO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT
I’M POSTING TWICE TODAY
I’ve been following the progress of the Senate bill (a constitutional amendment) calling for a 2/3 vote to be necessary to increase some taxes. This bill to pass needed a 2/3 vote it fell only 2 votes short in the State Senate on the 15th of April. Sounds like it will be brought back up next week. A link below to “Republican Rants” which had an excellent piece on it with facts galore.
-----link-----
http://inkslwc.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/michigan-legislature-to-vote-on-making-it-harder-to-raise-taxes/
---------------
I’ve been trying to find out something about the bills future.
Then LO and BEHOLD I received this email out of the blue.
-----------
EXERCISE YOUR BUSINESS VOICE!
Business owners are enormously influential and important to the public policy debate. Your Chamber leads the way with business advocacy, job growth and entrepreneurism. We invite you to come hear from local legislators and share your ideas on issues that impact you!!
Panelists:Doug Bennett (D) 92nd District, State House of Representatives Mary Valentine (D) 91st District, State House of RepresentativesGerald Van Woerkom (R) 34th District, State SenatorMary Judnich on behalf of Debbie Stabenow (D) U.S. Senator Jon DeWitt on behalf of Peter Hoekstra (R) United States Representative
Submit your question for the legislators!
Event Sponsor: National City Bank Coffee Sponsor: Sherwin Williams Student Sponsors: Warner Schuitema Moving & Storage and Nexes Realty
REGISTER NOW! Early Bird ProgramFriday, April 25, 2008Networking begins at 7:15am, Program 7:30- 8:45am Holiday Inn Muskegon Harbor939 Third StreetCost: $15/member, $25/non-memberSend us your fax-back form or reply with your reservation to 231-722-3751 or ctyson@muskegon.org
---------------
Well you guessed it I just called and signed up. I will try and join too. I will have my questions emailed to the event which will be like a town hall forum.
I’m looking forward to it. I don’t know of any other venue where all these people will be together at one time. I’ll let you know what they say. Join me. I know it’s $25.00 but I bet I’m poorer than you. Lol.
<
Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative In Muskegon

No comments: