Thursday, July 10, 2008

CAN DO AMERICANS

“CAN DO AMERICA”

The idea of a “Can Do America” vs. a “do nothing America” from a “do nothing Congress” to a “fix it now Congress” is starting to take hold. From a groundswell of the people, first brought to my attention by Newt Gingrich then some congressmen started seeing the same need to do something and struck out nearly alone. I’ve posted before in my “guerilla war” posts about these individuals. I don’t know them personally but I know the feeling that drives them. I’m picking it up by the handfuls where ever and whenever I find it, from The People. It’s that “Can Do” positive attitude. It’s the inspiration that let’s three congressmen stand alone on the House floor after hours and try to start a conversation about doing something about the rising fuel costs. They were Lynn Westmoreland, Tom Price and a conservative leader in the House, Dan Burton. Their struggle was then picked up by the Republican leadership in the House and Senate, namely John Boehner, and Mitch McConnell. The people have finally gotten through to Washington. It was a Republican message a Republican bottom up effort. Now I see the Democrats trying to make it look like they had wanted to drill all along. Somehow it was probably Bush’s fault and the minority party in Congress that stopped them. I think "The People" have had enough of that story. I think they are liking the new "common sense" story they are hearing from the Republicans better.

Our Leadership will be hard pressed to come up with a compromise solution that keeps the "common sense" approach yet still actually produce a bill that increases supply. That seems to be the core Conservative approach that shouldn’t be compromised. Increase production. I just saw Dan Burton’s latest statement on his site, I’ve linked it below. As one of the “guerilla” leaders initially he sums up the whole matter pretty succinctly. My “common sense leadership award” goes to him today.
-----link-----
http://www.danburtonblog.com/
---------------
Let me here restate my thanks to all the leadership for taking the lead so effectively. John Boehner the Leader of the House Republicans is charging full speed ahead. Everyday he is firing from the front lines. He walked out of the Country Club picked up a bayonet and is putting himself out there. He is building it I hope the rest of us will come. The least we can do is to watch his back. Look again at his web site. He is daily coming up with new ideas, keeping the Democrats off balance. He’s now is organizing a tour to help dramatize and publicize the fact that we really can do “all of the above” in regards to becoming energy independent. He is taking the lead showing that Conservative solutions work. The more support we can give him and Mitch McConnell in the Senate, the better compromise we will end up with.

For those of my brethren who complain that John McCain isn't following suit and isn't running a big ad campaign about this. Think of what "bottom up" means. First we had the people complaining about the rising cost of gas. Then a private citizen and a few members of the house and senate, now the leadership has joined. I too hope John McCain will follow, we can sure use his help and he sure could use ours: but this is too big a message to be stopped by one person.

Let’s not bitch later over what we didn’t get, but let us fight now for what we can get. That will also show those who have fought the long fight in the wilderness that it was not in vain. I don’t pretend to know all of the unsung heroes, I just will mention some I’ve found more in the public eye such a Newt Gingrich, Dan Burton, Tom Price, Lynn Westmoreland, and Tim Walberg.
I’ve emailed and talked with them. I want to let them know that they have a following that they have at least my support. Let’s face it I like a pat on the back. They’re human, I want to thank them for going the extra mile.

In my side bar under “Old Standby Links” I have links to all I’ve mentioned. I’ll list them here. All the sites have contact buttons. Push one. lol

John Boehner the House Republican Leader .
-----link-----
http://republicanleader.house.gov/
---------------
Dan Burton Conservative House
------link-----
http://www.danburtonblog.com/
----------------
Mitch McConnell Senate Republican Leader
-----link-----
http://mcconnell.senate.gov/
---------------
Tim Walberg House member
-----link-----
http://walberg.house.gov/
---------------

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

No comments: