Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A "Two-Fer" Kinda Like Meijers

Two Topics For the Price Of One. Reminds me of Meijer’s.

Newt Gingrich gives a thumbs up to Bobby Jindal the governor of Louisiana as a good VP choice for McCain. Got the link off of Drudge
-----link-----
http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/gingrich-jindal-is-best-choice-for-vice-president-2008-06-15.html
---------------
I also have posted about Bobby. I liked the way he was a get things done kind of guy in the after math of Katrina. He wasn’t governor then, if I remember he was only in the State house, that among other things is what helped make him governor
-----2 of my other posts-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/search?q=bobby+jindal
-----------------------------
Here is a quote from Bobby Jindal. It is Jindal’s simple theory: “If you want to discourage something, tax it. If you want to encourage it, don’t tax it.” Gee -- I think I like that.
His whole approach to problem solving fits in with mine. Just wade in and start solving the problems with what’s at hand, get the process started, get the people working towards the goal and allow them to correct their mistakes as they happen. Because they will happen. Facilitate this kind of problem fixing. Nike had the right idea, “JUST DO IT”
Below is a link that’s saying all of the top candidates for VP for either Obama or McCain, aren’t interested. The link is from Newsmax. I actually hope Bobby does what he says and stays in Louisiana. He can get things done there, he can showcase his talents, and hone his talents. He would be good for the ticket come election time, but what a waste of talent.
-----link-----
http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/gingrich-jindal-is-best-choice-for-vice-president-2008-06-15.html
---------------

Switching gears but along the same road there is the following link
-----link-----
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080615/D91AIUPG1.html
---------------
It is about Democrats calling Joe Lieberman an attack dog for the Republicans. Lieberman is an independent who votes mainly Democrat on issues, he caucus‘s with the Dems. But calling him an attack dog, I would call that a personal attack. All Joe did was disagree with Obama about his position towards Israel. I’m glad I’m not a Democrat. I would have to worry that if I said anything against the party line, I would be shunned and personally attacked. As a Republican I take great joy in calling my leaders names. I guess I owe the Democrats for making my skin a little thicker. Without that I would go into a tirade every time someone didn’t agree with me. I would waste a lot of time that could be spent getting things done. Look at the Democrat congress and how much time they spend on tirades. How many impeachment motions have they come up with. How many investigations have they tried to start. How many things like the Fairness Doctrine are they trying to get passed????? How many attempts at de-funding the war have they tried? What have they actually accomplished ??? All they can do is blame their lack of leadership on the Minority party for disagreeing with them. They are the party in charge for crying out loud. They are the ones who should be leading the charge on the high cost of gas for example. The Republicans finally got off their butts, and are taking the initiative. No wonder Congress’s rating is lower than the Presidents. The American people aren’t as stupid and gullible as some of the leadership (in both parties) in Congress thinks.

The Republicans are starting to get the picture. Finally I haven’t heard much from Tom Cole lately, I hope he has been chastised and tries to change his ways. Like I say we have a chance here to seize the moment and run with it. We have a chance to turn this thing around. If the leaders don’t like it we need to go around them. We are starting to resonate with the public. There isn’t time for foot dragging and politics as usual. Cole is keeping quiet, hope he brings his talent to the effort just leaves the attitude at home. John Boehner is doing this in the House, Boehner is showing what a leader should be doing. Fighting skirmishes as a delaying tactic while marshalling what forces he can to win some smaller battles and make the case to the public. It is from the public that parties gain their strength their mandate.

I blame the Tom Cole’s and Elizabeth Dole’s of the Senate for squandering the progress we as a Party had made and were making bringing all people into our way of thinking by our actions, not just our talking. We had great African American leaders and were propelling them into power. Collin Powell, JC Watts, Michael Steele, the journalists like Walter Williams and my favorite Thomas Sowell, Condi. People of that stature and character were starting to crack the Democratic stranglehold on the African American vote. With Bill Cosby talking of values ect. Republicans were making headway. We, all Republicans were starting to earn back the American trust. Then our leaders let success beguile them. They started to become elite, they started breaking promises implied and actual. Again I use the treatment of Keith Butler as the epitome of their “country club” condescending “we know better than you” attitude. I started losing the trust I had in the leadership of the Republican party at that point. With George and his whole Big Government thing I lost more. As a conservative I nearly went the route of Ron Paul. A third party idea kept sounding better and better or at least the only option I had left. Then as I dug into the politics of the situation, I saw that there were other people like myself but way more influential. People within the Party. The Bush thing is over and it is plain to see outside of Iraq, it didn’t work. AT ALL. For “compassion” to work as a force it has to ACTUALLY solve problems, not make them worse. Bush’s compassion seemed to just be a cave-in to liberal ideas which had created the problems in the first place, and didn’t work then. Just made government bigger. It works less well now.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

No comments: