Friday, May 30, 2008

Not Just My Thoughts, Phew!!

The Catholic view of John McCain.
-----link-----
http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=28073&page=1
--------------
The above talks of John McCain’s troubles with the conservative religious movement.. In my opinion the religious right organizations are sounding more and more like the Left wing loonies. Political Correctness with God on your side. I may be blurring things here as I agree with Anne that the left has made a religion out of environmentalism. But I think you see my point. I firmly believe in God. I firmly believe that this country with it’s constitution would not exist without the firm belief in God which our Founders had. The basis of our law is derived from God’s law. Notice I said God not Falwell, or Robertson or my pastor, or yours or Obama’s or a Catholic’s priest nor a Rabbi. I believe the founding fathers belief in God let them see past the partisan if you will vision of any individual religious leader or denomination to envision the Freedom to choose our own individual faith or none at all; to keep the government out of religion and religion out of the government. The Founders may have believed as I do that we are closest to God when we are alone with him. He is in everyone.

God gave me the right to post this blog it is inalienable to me to do this. Our government helps enforce my right to blog. I can use my inalienable rights any way I so choose. Barring injury to others. I am influenced by all sorts of people, but ruled by none. God rules me when I let him through my conscience, that ever present ability to see right and wrong immediately. Only after glimpsing it, am I then allowed to confuse the issue or not.

You know what?? I would like to give my candidate or any candidate for that matter the ability to do the same. One of the essential traits I vote for in a candidate is their ability to make free decisions based on fact for the good of America beholding to none. All of this political correctness is ridiculous. At the current level it has just become another interest group. These litmus tests are just another way to limit the ability of a President to make courageous decisions, unpopular decisions for the good of the country.

How can he win by not cozying up to the religious right? The same way we tell the Dems about getting away from their far left. I keep going back to the idea that the people know the government is broke. They are the ones that have to deal with it. The people want it fixed. They will vote for anyone with a good sounding plan, short of that they will vote the Bums out and hope for change. I’ve been posting about the big conservative movement in England and Europe for that matter. Showing an alternative or a possible case for voting the bums out. Looking closer to home we see 3 Republican losses in formally Republican strongholds. Also the “Blue Dogs” are threatening the same kind of harm to our party. Another article about that written today.
-----link------
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/28/america/NA-POL-US-Conservative-Democrats.php
----------------
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just found this, I’m as excited as someone can be who has been saying (blogging) the same thing forever and thinking nobody else is thinking the same way. I’ve just been blogging a little about it today, I’m lonely no more. I’m not going to erase what I just wrote above. It’ll remind me that all people if they use common sense can come up with the same ideas. I’m nobody, this guy writes for the National Review. Alex Castellanos talks in his piece about David Brooks, and The British Conservative movement led by David Cameron. About how we conservatives need to embrace the government to fix it and make it work for the people. Let us become the facilitators between government and people. Let us be the ones to set up local controls on government “bottom up politics”, that is why I started another blog after reading some Cameron speeches. {upper right on my side bar} I named it “Bottom up Politics” Please John McCain give Cameron a private call take him out to lunch. Lol. Try to understand his concept. Americans are dying to help. See my side bar “Update Across The Pond” for other Cameron stuff.
-----link-----
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Njg0ZjliNmIyNzdlODBkNDQ3MjFmNGQ1ODExNDBlMzU=&w=MA==
---------------
We have to be the ones to help the people get the government working again. That whole Cameron idea of the conservatives being the people party and the liberals being the party of government. Toooooo good of an article. The quote below about the various people recently weighing in, I’ve blogged on each one. I feel redeemed. Almost as if Peggy Noonan caught my eye and winked.
-----quote-----
"Republicans can’t seem to express an organizing principle these days, and almost everyone with a computer to type on has noticed. David Brooks writes in the New York Times that the British have at last declared their independence from us: American conservatives, he notes, have lost the leadership of the conservative movement to them. Tom Davis, a former leader of the Republican Congressional Campaign Committee, writes, “the Republican brand is in the trash can.” The New Yorker headlines, “The Fall of Conservatism: Have the Republicans run out of ideas?” Most painful of all, the elegant Peggy Noonan, who is to conservative composition what Fred Astaire was to dance, says the Republican party, including its conservative leadership, has “squandered the hard-built paternity of 40 years” because we are no longer serious about leadership, policy, or ideas." The Peggy Noonan part was great.


I’ve got to get out and get something in my neighborhood working.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

Think I’ll also invite Alex to our “Sunday Morning Conservative Coffee for Ward 2 Muskegon” Peggy always has an open invitation. Lol. I’ll be there 8:00 am Sun. at the downtown McDonald’s. You are always invited too. It would be nice to see someone. Lol.

PS Just an ego thing maybe. But a list of some of my posts about the above.
-----link-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2008/05/two-brooks-emerging-river.html
-----link-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2008/05/leader-that-leads-solution-that-works.html
-----link-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2008/05/build-it-and-they-will-come.html
-----link-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2008/05/truth-in-peggy-noonan.html
-----link-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2008/05/cycles-through-bums-out.html
---------------
Thanks for the time.
Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

No comments: