Thursday, December 31, 2009

Who needs New Year’s Resolutions ???

I Don't



I used to enjoy making Resolutions at New Year’s beginning. I knew I probably wouldn’t keep most of them; but you know I usually attempted to do all of them at least partially.

Kind of a continual battle to better myself. A kind of reality check, about the perfect being the enemy of the good. The nice thing was, I would feel good for the progress and not beat myself up over not being perfect. Like I mean it’s not a law or anything – Right?

-----link-----
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5130IN20090204
---------------

Just saw this article in a Chicago paper about how the State of Illinois has 300 new laws on the books for their citizens to follow. What is a law other than a mandatory Resolution made by the State you must follow? Well I’m sure they’ll also remind you - ignorance of the law is no excuse.

BTW if they got 300 new laws for this year, how many do they already have on the books? Thousands I would guess.

I like the one about American made flags on all government buildings, even local ones. Knowing Chicago, the Mayor’s nephew probably has a stake in a flag making company on the South Side. I wonder if the flag pole and or holder etc has to be American made too. I mean do you want the Chineese supporting Old Glory. Well outside of buying our bonds of course.

I assume other inquiring minds than my own are wondering why flags have been signaled out? Think of the possibilities. This could be a god send for legislators who made a New Year’s resolution to get their name on a bill this year to prove to those that elected them they are hard at work.

I can see the headline now.

The JOHN DOE American Made Toilet Paper Bill has passed the Senate!!!

Why should I bother when we have so many experts getting paid so well to realize and tell me what I should and shouldn’t do? Who am I to decide such things?

Well Happy New Year’s Anyway.

I can’t resist – I Resolve not to swear on my blog.

Oh Shite (see what I mean?) they probably already have a law; or John Doe is putting pen to one as I speak. Lol No Foreign swearing on Blogs. The TSA will be getting into it pretty soon.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

PS the Dems should do some Resolution making not to lose candidates.

-----link-----
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/74007-dem-recruits-continue-to-head-for-the-exits
-------------

This after the blog I did the other day about Parker Griffith

-----link-----
http://conservativeinmuskegon.blogspot.com/2009/12/times-they-are-changing.html
--------------

No comments: